Friday, July 25, 2008

So You Think You Can Pop & Lock

I watched Toni Basil on So You Think You Can Dance last night (shut up).  It was hard for me to keep my eyes from rolling when she talked about being "street" and her early days of "locking." 


I seem to remember her dancing in a CHEERLEADING UNIFORM to the oh so ghetto lyrics "oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey."

Where are the kids in Compton tonight?  Why FOR SHIZZY they're tying school colored ribbons into their pony tails and shining up their megaphones, silly goose!

Now who like, can do a back handspring yo?

6 comments:

Natika said...

Who the hell gets up at 4am?
I was still drunk at 4am!
Got to love that Pknow!

Lys said...

Ahhhh - SSG, I have to say - outside of Mickey, Toni Basil actually did have some of that lockin' stuff on *ahem* lock. (No, I haven't started drinking - YET!)

She did a routine to a song "Street Life" which was pretty interesting to say the least. I found it a couple weeks ago when I was uploading some show vids and archiving them. If I come across it again, I'll let ya know. She's one hell of a choreographer.

I didn't know you watched SYTYCD?

Lys said...

My bad - Dancing with the Stars.. OOPS :)

I really should start drinking - NOW *LOL*

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

No Lys, it was MY bad. It was SYTYCD, and for the record I know I can't : )

HalfAsstic.com said...

YO? BAHAHA! Too funny!

BoggyWoggy said...

I, personally, hate listening to her. She's on VH1's "One-hit Wonders" too often and she's got that snotty little smirk...that nasty little, "I know so much," attitude and she's old. She's got wrinkles. Ooo, how I hate wrinkles, except for the ones on my. They are exceptional