Friday, August 1, 2008

And the Award Goes To ...

So I've mentioned before (click here) about the Google Analytics program that makes me either elated or want to crawl under the covers and never come out again.  Lately though, a lot of people have come looking for SSG, and I am SO grateful!   The Google Search feature remains a favorite.  However, since I wrote this post (click here) I get more "stripper" searches than I care to admit.  This month's winner, was not about stripping however.  


The award for "Best Google Search" goes to:
  • "Ballet Flats Smell or Stink or Reek or Nasty or Gross"
This search almost made me pee my pants.  They didn't stick around for long because my ballet flats apparently didn't stink or smell or reek badly enough for them.  And for the record they are neither nasty or gross.  But if they WEREN'T looking for those items, I'd recommend Ecco's.

BUT!  More importantly, last month brought so many of you fun peeps by and I wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU so much for reading and commenting and giving me awards, I love awards!  Do I have to prepare a speech Bella Della?  Because I have one all ready.  And it goes like this:

Ahem.  

I wouldn't be where I am without those of you who supported me from the beginning:

Wade 
Who doesn't have a blog and always posts as anonymous.  Hi sunshine!

Mrs. Bob of the Bobs
Paris wouldn't be Paris without sharing it with my twin (and wheelchair pusher!)

Who was my first commenter EVER so I should probably name my first born after her.

And those of you who somehow found me and I suspect it has to do with being sent down from HEAVEN:

Shoe Oracle and the farthest thing from "just another" gal.

She won't SAY I'm her favorite, but I'm sure it's because she doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Made me laugh out loud writing about her friend "Carnivorous Hippy."

The cutest and sweetest new blogger around!

Someone please nominate this woman for Sainthood.

If we had English classes together in college I know we'd think the same guys were hot.

I'd totally sleep with him ... if I were 20 ... and in college ... and his mom didn't read his blog.

Who's totally with me in my theory that breast exams were invented by a guy who just wanted to get women to touch themselves on a regular basis.

Reporting from the front lines of the Hurricane Katrina disaster.  Anderson Cooper's got NOTHIN' on Lance.

Fellow firefighter AND money lover!

Those Anonymous Posters That Aren't Wade ... or Digs
A couple months ago I wrote a post about breaking up with Starbucks that remains the most popular post on this site.  It has received over 1,000 hits, which blows my mind.  Most people read and move on, but I know a few of you have stayed.  Thank you for continuing to read, I hope you keep coming by.  And you're WELCOME to comment.  But you don't HAVE to.  I like the strong silent type too.
 
Thanks again to everyone for your engaging writing and support!  Lemon drops all around! Serendipitous Girl I am, indeed.

xoxo,
SSG

8 comments:

HalfAsstic.com said...

Awww! That was so awesome and sweet! Thank you for the mention and I wouldn't be coming by if I didn't truly enjoy your style of loon-crazy.

Bella Della said...

What a nice surprise on this less than stellar Friday morning. You see, usually I just GO to work on Friday. This Friday not only do I have to go but I have to actually WORK when I get there! :) I'll make up for it on Monday.

Your post is so sweet and I appreciate it so much. I am so excited for the mention!!! I look forward to your blog so much each day. You are so funny and talented! In fact, you deserve some lightening bugs! I had no idea. I assumed everyone had them! How about whipporwills?

Candy said...

Dude! I'm so glad I found my way here. You crack me up! (Bastard male ob/gyns.)

Big Hair Envy said...

You are so sweet! Thanks for the shout out AND the lemon drop :)

You really ARE my favorite - but we need to keep that OUR LITTLE SECRET....Um, K?

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

You ARE a sweetie! Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Smelly Flats? Eauwww Myyyyyy Gawd! If they come back again, let me know. I can teach them how to make a sling shot out of a jock strap!

On the flip side, YOU ROCK! I think the award goes to you! Mommy of dog, Mommy of cat, Big Sis, Auntie, Author, My friend and Princess of all that you survey. I am not worthy!!!!!

Lys said...

Awwww - you are too much!!!

Shoe Oracle - hmmm.. I wonder if that job pays well ;) Thanks for the link love!

When is Wade coming out with a blog - because, seriously, he needs one.

Anonymous said...

Hey SSG! Thank you for the Mention, and so sorry I am sooo late in coming here. Being gone for so long, and not being able to read and post during that time like I thought I was going to be able to, have left me with a very large number of posts that are still unread on my Reader. I gotta get that post to you this weekend...

Thanks again!